Cancer targeting platform and product development company founded in 2011
TheraBiologics TBX NSC platform is engineered to deliver a diverse range of anti-cancer agents, selectively targeting invasive cancer sites. This enables us to increase therapeutic concentrations at the tumor sites and minimize off target toxicities.
• First-in-Human Safety/Feasibility TBX NSC platform clinical study in brain cancer patients completed in 2013. Demonstrated safety, proof of concept for TBX NSC tumor localized production of anti-cancer agent and non-immunogenicity.
• Phase I clinical studies for 2 lead TBX products for brain cancer planned for 2016.
01. TBX.OncV Targeted Oncolytic Virotherapy
- Major advancement in oncolytic therapy allowing increasing effectiveness by targeting multiple heterogeneous tumor sites potentially increasing immunotherapeutic effect
- IND submission in progress for 2015, Phase I clinical trial planned for 2016
02. TBX.CE Targeted Enzyme/Prodrug Gene Therapy
- IND submitted to FDA reviewed in 2015. Phase I clinical trial for recurrent glioma, trial initiation planned for 2016.
- Translational studies for TBX.CE NSC application to metastatic neuroblastoma in progress, pre-IND FDA meeting planned for 2016. IND submission planned for 2018.
Karen S. Aboody, MD, President, Founder, CSO and Director, TheraBiologics Inc, CA
• Pioneered neural stem cell (NSC)-mediated therapies at Harvard
• COH prepared MCB, IND, conducted first-in-human trial
• Received over $30 million in academic grants and gifts to develop 4 TBX NSC product candidates, TBX.OncV, TBX.CE, TBX.NP and the underlying NSC platform TBX.CD
• Exclusive license to seminal patents, additional patents and applications secured under options to exclusive licenses